What days are the games played?
- Games are played on Sundays throughout most of the day along with the occasional weeknight game scheduled for Under 8 divisions and above to make up for not playing on long weekends.
- The Learn to Play program plays on Sundays except for long weekends.
What times are the games played on Sunday?
- The Learn to Play program plays Sunday Mornings at 9:00 am and the other divisions follow in order of age.
Where are the games played?
- Most of the games are played at Mold-Masters SportsPlex with games also being played at Acton Community Centre. The Town of Halton Hills will be confirming the arena allocations for the upcoming season in March, 2023.
How many games per week?
- The players will usually play one game per week.
Do the players have practices?
- The main program does not have practices, however players selected for the Georgetown Gladiators and/or Acton Sabres Representative Teams will have practices as scheduled by their coaches.
Do you have programs for girls and boys?
- The HHMBHL is a co-ed league where boys and girls play together. If there are enough registrations in 2023, the HHMBHL could offer a Girls Only division.
When does the season start and end?
- The House League season starts in mid-late April and continues until late June. There are no games on long weekends.
- In July, the Georgetown Gladiators and/or Acton Sabres Representative Teams in their respective divisions will compete in the OBHF Provincial Tournament against other cities across the province. The tournament usually takes place in early to mid-July.
What equipment is required?
- Please visit the Equipment Requirements Page for more detailed information.
What are the Ball Hockey Rules?
- Please visit the Rules Page for more information.
What are the age groups?
The age groups are as follows (Year of Birth in parentheses):
What is the cost to register?
HOUSE LEAGUE PROGRAM (AGES 6-17)
LEARN TO PLAY PROGRAM (AGES 3-6)
** There is a family discount of $10 off for the second child.
How do I register?
- Registrations can be made online at www.hhmbhl.com .
- Also, in-person registrations are available at locations/times that are updated on the website.
What do I get with my registration fee?
- All registered players will receive a player package consisting of team Jersey, shorts and socks. Players will have league games officiated by CBHA certified referees, an OBHF membership with OBHF/CBHA insurance coverage. All statistics are officially recorded on the league website and there is an opportunity to play Provincially for the Gladiators and/or Sabres program and even Nationally through CBHA sanctioned events.
Can I sponsor a team?
- Yes, please visit the Sponsorship Packages Page for more information.
Are there different divisions for different skill levels?
- Yes, the league offers a House League program as well as a Competitive Division program. Also, players who would like to play competitively can tryout and play for the Georgetown Gladiators and/or Acton Sabres Representative Teams.
What and when are the OBHF Provincial Championships?
- The Ontario Ball Hockey Federation Provincial Championships are Tournaments held in July. All participating leagues from Ontario send teams in hope of winning a Provincial title. The location of the tournaments vary by year and are held in early/mid July.
How can I play for the Georgetown Gladiators/Acton Sabres Provincial Tournament Team?
- The opportunity is open to all of the members. You can register your interest and the Coaching staffs selected by the HHMBHL will select players during the course of the season.
Is there a cost to play for the Georgetown Gladiators / Acton Sabres?
- Yes there is a cost to play for the Georgetown Gladiators and/or Acton Sabres which is established at the beginning of the season.